In a previous blog post, we reviewed the Court of Appeal’s decision in Orr v. MTCC 1056, where the condominium corporation and a unit purchaser’s lawyers were found equally liableContinueContinue
Lash Condo Law is a boutique condominium law firm. Our expertise extends to all facets of condominium living, operation and management. After practicing for many years at major Bay Street law firms, Denise Lash established her own law firm to address the unique needs and challenges faced by condominium owners, residents and boards. The firm’s guiding principle is to provide the highest quality legal advice and services in the most cost effective manner.
Small but Mighty
We don’t expect our clients to pay for offices in fancy glass towers and the expensive boardrooms of “big law”. We believe in the old fashioned virtue of value for money. We understand condo because it is part of our everyday lives at work and at home. As board members, condo owners and condo lawyers we understand our clients’ needs. We’re highly effective, responsive and affordable.
• Drafting, amending and updating condominium documentation
• Declaration, by-law and rule enforcement
• Board meetings and general corporate governance
• Common expense collection
• Construction deficiencies, Tarion warranties, and claims involving developers
• Annual general meetings, proxies and requisitioned meetings
• Legal opinions and interpretations of condominium documents, the Condominium Act and other legislation
• Insurance claims and coverage issues
• Repairs, maintenance, alterations and improvements to units and common elements
• Employment, human rights and occupational health and safety standards
• Utility and telecommunication agreements, property management agreements, shared facility and reciprocal agreements
• New legislation and regulations which impact condominiums, including amendments to the Condominium Act
• Arbitration, mediation, negotiation and litigation services
With over 20 years of experience inside the condo world, we understand what it means to be a condo owner, board member, condo manager, condo developer and the issues condominium corporations face in their communities. We know what you’re going through – we know how to help.
When you say jump, we say…We put our clients first. We know that situations can move quickly and decisions often have to be made under tight time constraints. We’re here to serve – you.
We’re inspired by our clients, their stories, their challenges. We appreciate that every client is unique and every situation is different. We tailor our approach to suit your situation.
Walk the Talk
We’re not only condo lawyers, we’re condo owners, residents and board members. We bring both professional judgment and personal experience to every case we handle.
Client service is the foundation on which this firm is built – we know what we do, and we do it very well. If you require highly capable, experienced and affordable legal advice and representation, please contact us at the address below.
Effective July 1, 2015 an amendment to the Electronic Commerce Act makes it legal for parties to sign agreements of purchase and sale and other documents that create or transferContinueContinue
A recent decision by the Ontario Superior Court, which dealt with the developer’s liability for the first-year budget deficit, will be well-received by condominium board members and owners. Section 75ContinueContinue
On May 27, David Orazietti, the Minister of Government and Consumer Services, officially introduced Bill 106, Protecting Condominium Owners Act, to the Legislative Assembly. The proposed legislation will increase protectionsContinueContinue
The last time we wrote about the notorious Boily saga, the Ontario Court of Appeal had reaffirmed a lower court’s finding that the directors of an Ottawa condo corporation hadContinueContinue